Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crowds Outside My Window


Roo
Why did he take this highway? I don't understand.

Ferret
It's faster this late at night.

Roo
Not now, we are in traffic jam. It's one in the morning.

Ferret
I know, but usually it's faster, besides we're at the next exit. We'll get off soon, you'll see. It'll go fast.

Roo
This takes forever.

[They pause for a moment.]

Ferret
You know how my place is right next to this big tunnel where people are always getting into accidents?

Roo
Yes, I know.

Ferret
Why do they always get into these big crowds and just watch? I don't understand.

Roo
Well, don't you do that? I mean, come on, if you see something then you know...

Ferret
I mean sometimes I do, but it's never a form of entertainment. If no one's hurt, then what can I do? Why would I just want to stop and stare? Although in America they always talk about people rubbernecking, you know?

Roo
Rubberneck?

Ferret
Yeah, it's a person who slows down when they're driving to see the accident.

Roo
So it's same, just like America. You both stop to look.

Ferret
I guess. Except no cars. It never felt like I was taking up so much time though. Maybe I'm just used to be in cars, and not on foot.

Roo
When is traffic jam going to end? 司机! (driver!)

No comments: